Dreaming of summer and warm, balmy days spent by the water? If you’ve been thinking about finally adding that pool, now is actually the perfect time to act! With some help from your friends at Blue Lagoons, you’ve got time to create a complete home outdoor experience. Believe it or not, our fiberglass inground pools can go in as quickly as three days! Of course, it will take longer than that to choose the type of pool you want and its perfect location. You could be diving in the water by Memorial Day.
If you’re a little unfamiliar with how a fiberglass swimming pool works, you’re not alone. It’s one of the newer pool technologies. But it’s gaining popularity fast, and in this article, we’ll look at why! First, what’s the difference between a fiberglass pool and a traditional concrete swimming pool?
The Differences Between Concrete and Fiberglass Inground Pools
According to Popular Mechanics, concrete pools are still America’s most popular type of inground pool. Of course, there are many great things to love about a good concrete pool. But like any choice, the most popular option isn’t always the right one for you.
In fact, at Blue Lagoons, we’ve seen many homeowners get better value out of a great fiberglass pool. What are the main differences, and what advantages do fiberglass pools offer?
- Cost is a huge difference. A fiberglass pool can cost half or less than half of the cost of a comparable concrete pool.
- A concrete pool can take as long as three months to build and install. Fiberglass pools can sometimes take only three days to install, with an average of around a week.
- Both concrete and fiberglass pools are extremely durable. Fiberglass pools have a hard-shell gel coating, while concrete’s reputation speaks for itself. However, due to its non-porous nature, fiberglass often requires fewer pool chemicals to maintain.
- Of course, concrete definitely has the advantage if you want a very large or unusually-shaped pool. However, our pools from Imagine Pools do come in a wide array of sizes, shapes, and colors.
Both types of pools have their advantages and drawbacks. But, do you want us to install a swimming pool quickly, that will last for years, and save you money? Then, fiberglass is a great choice.
Features of Imagine Fiberglass Pools
Blue Lagoons can get a beautiful new fiberglass swimming pool from Imagine Pools into your backyard in record time. You’ll enjoy these stunning pools’ high-performance feature set:
- Extreme durability. One Fox News article estimates a lifespan of 20-25 years for a fiberglass pool. A concrete pool, while equally structurally sound, will likely need two resurfacings in that time frame. (In some cases, a fiberglass pool’s gelcoat will need re-application.)
- Oh-so-many options. Fiberglass pools may have more limited size and shape choices; that doesn’t mean options are scarce by any means. Imagine offers over a dozen pool and spa models to suit almost any homeowner’s needs.
- A high-quality gelcoat in seven vivid color choices.
- 10-year Surface Warranty to protect the integrity of your gelcoat.
- Improved heat retention, so your pool water warms up more quickly and stays warm longer. (Also great for a spa.)
Think fiberglass inground pools could be right for your backyard, or you want to examine your options? Give us a call at 336-940-5500, or contact us online. When you swim with Blue Lagoons, you’ll love the service, you’ll love the speed, and you’ll love your new pool!